Yesterday was worldwide pancake day (or in other words, post gorgeous photos of pancakes on Instagram to make all your followers jealous day). It was also the first day of snow we had in North Carolina all winter and the roads were icy so they canceled school. I celebrated both special occasions with these babies: 2-Ingredient Banana Pancakes! (Okay so it’s technically 3 ingredients since I used cinnamon too, but who’s counting?!) I’d seen recipes for these in multiple places and I was pretty skeptical. No flour, only eggs and banana? But I shouldn’t have worried because they turned out fabulously!
These were actually a pretty big recovery win for me because I don’t usually eat more than one egg or more than half a banana. But I decided that was silly to deprive myself of yummy (and healthy!) foods like them. Anyways, enough of the rambling… Here’s the recipe…
• 1 banana
• 1 whole egg + 1 egg white
• Dash of cinnamon (optional)
3. Spoon out 2-3 small pancakes at a time onto the pan, cooking until the sides of the pancake bubbles and it is solid and browned. Using a spatula, flip pancake on the other side and cook 1-2 minutes more.
4. When finished cooking, place pancakes on a plate and repeat process until there is no more batter left.
5. Top with banana coins and maple syrup. Enjoy!