On the instagram recovery community,there is a shocking number of people who have never tried s’mores before. S’mores quest bars and other flavored treats do not do traditional S’mores justice. In case you didn’t have time to make a whole campfire just to roast your marshmallows, I have crafted a recipe for baked s’mores that will make you realize the true amazingness of a campfire s’more.
Servings: 9 Bites
• 5 full sheets of graham crackers
• 2.5 Tablespoons butter (I used oil but they didn’t stay together well!)
• 9 marshmallows, cut in half
• 9 squares of chocolate (could use more!)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (176 degrees Celsius)
2. Using a food processor or your hands, crush the graham crackers into small pieces and add two and a half tablespoons of softened butter. Mix until a crust is formed.
3. Press the crust into nine greased muffin tin holes and bake for 4 minutes. Meanwhile, cut the marshmallows in half and break the chocolate bar into squares
4. Carefully remove the hot pan and add one or two squares of chocolate to each little crust. Then add the two halves of a marshmallow to each.
5. Bake for three minutes at 350/176 degrees. Then broil until marshmallows become golden brown.
6. Let cool for about ten minutes (or dive right in immediately like me!) then remove from the tin and enjoy!
The finished product is quite beautiful. Out of the pan, not exactly beautiful… BUT they taste absolutely amazing and just like a real s’more